Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great Labor Day. We spent some time with family and of course ate way too much. The Hogs barely scraped by with a victory on Saturday. I feared for our weekend when I thought they might lose (my dad and Nolan would have been a little cranky I think). We enjoyed a fashion show West Fork style, and we went to church at our hometown church and were able see some old friends.

It is always a comfort to me when I see friends from home. It always seems like nothing has changed and I am thankful for that.

I also took the oppurtunity this holiday to start a new book. I actually started it Saturday around 2 in the afternoon and finished it around 5:00 a.m. I couldn't help it! It was such a good story, a love story. I found myself completely sucked in. The good news and the bad is that there are 3 more books in the series. So, I'm excited that I get to read more, but to be honest I am pretty worthless when I start a book. I neglect my duties and basically read with reckless abandonement until the book is done. I know, I'm out of control, but I can't seem to help it.

That was about it. We relaxed, and had a good time just hanging out. It was a good holiday.

Me and Nolan at mom and dad's after church Sunday...

Me and my sister...

The girls...

I dressed my nieces up, did their hair and makeup, and we had a fashion show for the family...

My sweet little kitty-cat...

Clay, Aubree Fry, and Ruthie...

Ruthie with her Grandpa Rex and PooPop...

1 comment:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Ok, Ruthie looks so much like Kane! So cute!

It looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry we missed you at church; I'm definitely no superwoman and therefore I skipped church and let Toy Story babysit the kids (and Adam) while I decorated Owen's cake!

You look so pretty in these pics!

I was inspired to copy you and make my blog look a little better with a new background. This new site made me asahmed of how plain mine looked.

Love ya!