Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Been a While...

Wow! It has been a while since I have written. We are still here and doing good. We have been busy with the Thanksgiving holiday, and with Christmas decorating. We got our tree up. It looks pretty and we had lots of fun putting it up as a family. We went last week while we were home and took Kane and Ruthie to see Santa, and to let the kids pick out their yearly Christmas tree ornaments. Kane had a big time picking them out. He picked out an airplane for himself, a teddy bear sitting on a rocking chair that says "Baby's first Christmas", for Ruthie, and a basketball for me and Nolan.

Kane was so sweet and brave with Santa, he climbed right up into his lap and told him he wants 3 BIG transformers. We stuck Ruthie in his lap too, and she just looked at him like he was very strange. It was a good outing.

I went to Fayetteville today to shop and on the way my car broke down. It was kind of scary being stranded in the middle of nowhere in between home and fayetteville. My mom had to come rescue me from a gas station. I had to have Nolan's dad, Tim, call a policeman from Huntsville to come and get me and take me to that gas station.

So, to my mother, Thank You for driving 45 minutes out of your way in the middle of your day to rescue me and my kids! Your the BEST!!!

To Tim, Thank You for taking time out of your vacation to make some phone calls to get us a ride so that we didn't have to stay stranded on the side of the rode (it was scary there!).

1 comment:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

When you post, you POST! That's scary that you had to be stranded on the side of the road. I'm so glad you were rescued!