Friday, January 16, 2009

Fashion is my Passion on Fridays...

So last week, on Mondays and Tuesdays, I started cutting hair in the Fork, and while working I decided that I am in desperate need of a haircut! So today I think we will talk haircuts.

With hair sometimes it is hard to know what will look good and what will look bad on you. Here is a great site that fills you in on what styles look good on what face shapes (because, let's face it, sometimes we just need to be told).

For instance, I have a long narrow face, so it said that for me curls and waves are good because they add width to my face, brow-skimming bangs are good because they shorten my face, and a short bob would work too.

It said for me to stay away from long hair because all this will do is drag my face down and make it look longer (which is so true).

So from what it said I am thinking that I will be going this direction:


I'm leaning towards the third picture on the top row. What do you think? I like the bob with the heaviness of the bang swept to the side. I also love that cut because you could wear that bang to the side or straight down. I also like the bottom cut. I think it is so sexy looking. I might go this way, but I'm not sure yet. If my hair didn't grow into a point in the back I would for sure go with the bottom picture.

Also, a little Tip, the older you get the shorter your hair is supposed to get because long hair can drag you down and make you look older than you are.

Okay- Everyone have a great Fashion Friday and go check out the site and let me know what your best look is!

Photobucket

18 comments:

Leslee P said...

i love all of these... the last time i went drastic with my hair i took the pic on the far right to my hair lady, she did a pretty good job... I am now growing it out some and it is still keeping a nice shape... good luck, cannot wait to see what your hair looks like!

Beth @ My Happy Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I was just thinking the third picture on the right too! I think it's so cute, chic and sophisticated. It will look so awesome on you!!!!

Have a great day!

Jen

Deidre said...

I love all of those. I think the one on the far right is a great choice.

MarthaYvette said...

I forgot to post to this one, I love the thrid picture on the right to, so cute. thanks for posting on my blog my husband was also a coach and I agree kids involved in nothing = trouble!!

Beth @ My Happy Cottage said...

Please be sure and post a photo if you do this, would love to see how your real life Katie cut turns out!!

It's definitely time for a change around here. I gained so much stinkin' weight with this last baby I feel bloated and just plain icky. A new hair style might be a great pick me up. I just never know what to do when I change things up and always end up back at the same old, same old.

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog and Laughing with me. Come back any time.

Kenlea said...

I love the 3rd one!! It is so cute!! I would love to do something different myself...I will have to go check out that website!! I always have a boring hairstyle!! I need you to hook me up!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Hi - found you through Wendy and love your site. I'll be cecking in regularly!
Laurel

Anonymous said...

I like the third one too....That is totally what I want, but mine won't get there for some reason. I need bangs for sure. Anyway, can't wait to see what you do!!

Beth @ My Happy Cottage said...

I thought this looked like fun so I gave it a try.

You can see my results on my blog at this link.  Thanks for the great idea.

AndreaLeigh said...

i did a post on my blog a while back asking if I should cut bangs like the second pic and it was a resounding no. lol. but i love her cut!

Heidi Boos said...

These are all great choices, but I agree with going with the third one. Be sure to share a before and after! I think every hair cut I get I keep getting shorter and shorter!

Momma Chae said...

I love these cuts! I vote for the same ones you chose. I tried to do the same with my hair a few monthhs ago, but my hair wouldn't cooperate. (not thick enough and had some natural curls that made it look weird.) I'll check out that site you suggested to see what I should do next. I plan on getting a cut on payday. :)
In anwer to your Q on my blog - I have a great little health club that is really close to my house. It's only 19 bucks a month and it has a nice atmosphere. (no pretension or meat market types) I go after the kids are in bed and my husband is on parenting duty. :)I LOVE it. It makes it more of a novelty to work out somewhere else with my little MP3 player.

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

I love that cut! I hope you'll post a pic if you go for it. I've got the same thing--long, narrow face. I think shorter hair tends to look best on me. Adam likes it beat chin-to-shoulder length and curly or wavy. I do, too; I feel most "me" that way.

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

beat=best

Marti said...

Kasey, I like the third one, but I really like the short cut too! Definately post a picture. I am going to check out that site. Thanks for all the great tips!

Leah said...

i really like the third pic on the right. such a cute style.

thanks for stopping by my blog. :)