Thursday, May 14, 2009

Memphis: Part 1...

What a great and fabulous time we had on our little long weekend! It was so amazing to get away with the hubby! He was so sweet and romantic and just the best! It is so nice to do fun things like this with him and he is my best friend so there is no one I would rather be with than him!

Our trip was 3 days so I'm going to break this up into 3 different posts. Aren't you feeling lucky!

Warning!: Lots of pics (but no worries, not much writing!) and most of them are of me because Nolan refused to get in many of them!


In the car on our way (and yes he is driving down the road. Don't judge me!)...


Me super excited and ready to get there!...



Lunch on day one: Rendezvous' famous ribs...


Memphis dry rub at it's best...


Me and the King. I touched his foot and set off an alarm! Even in death he still has body guards!...


B.B. King singin' the Blues to me...



The Mighty Mississippi. I'm posing like a dork because the hubby said I had to be more creative with my poses...



We headed over to Mud Island by way of this insanely long walkway that started here and went out across the river and ended at the island! And it was so windy I thought we might fly off!


here I am about to get blown off the walkway with the Pyramid behind me...



Over on Mud Island we saw The Mississippi Riverwalk which is a miniature version of the Mississippi River running all the way from the North to a mini version of the Gulf of Mexico. They actually run water from the river into it and you can put your feet and hands in it. It was super cold!!!...


Standing in the River...



Nolan jumping the entire River! What A MAN!!!...



Hangin' out by the Gulf of Mexico with Memphis behind me...



Dinner at a fancy Italian Restaurant...



My yummy Birthday Lava Cake...


I love this Man!!!...


And my way cute dress for our night one dinner! Aren't the red shoes and earrings just perfect with it?!! I got it at Forever 21 for $25! I know right!!! However I did drop the belt that went with it (it had big flowers on it) and went with one from ALDO for $20, but still $45 is not bad at all!...



We finished off the day with a visit to the hot tub! It was Fab!!!

The Hubs is so great! He deserves a big sloppy kiss! I think I'll give him one!!!


Stay tuned for more!


Photobucket

22 comments:

Sugarplum Garters said...

oh my goodness! you are adorable! so much fun to see pictures of you in action! and that dress from forever 21 is the cutest! :o)

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

Whew!! Hot Mama! You look great! So fun that you got to get-a-way with your sweet hubby!! Thanks for sharing!

~Becca

shortmama said...

The pose by the river is funny, if your hands were at just a slightly different angle it would have looked like you were holding up the bridge behind you! Great pics!

April said...

I love eating at Rendezvous! Is that woman attendant still hanging out in the bathroom? If so, she's been there since my brother went to college at Arkansas State. Don't they have the best ribs ANYWHERE? So glad you had a fun time! Love your dress!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

All I know of Memphis and Mud Island is what I saw in "The Firm" (Wilfred Brimley didn't chase you, did he?)
You look amazing!!
In. Every. Single. Picture.
Gorgeous. (And how cute is your haircut!? You should have won that contest!)
I love love love that little dress and the red just pops. Too cute!

How great for you guys to get a long weekend, just the two of you. Those are rare little treasures once the kiddies come along.
:)

Sassafras said...

how fun!

cutie pictures!

:)

Marti said...

I echo everyone, you are totally hott!!...with two "t's"! I had to think about Kane though, when you set off an alarm!! Zeke was mad we made him take a nap on Sunday, and he missed getting to play with Kane because he slept too long! Can't wait for more pictures.
Marti

Bethany said...

Wow, it looks like you had a GREAT time! I've never been to Memphis but I'm guessing it's a fun place to visit :)

Rhonda said...

Hey Kasey...looks like a fab time!! Happy belated birthday! You are a young, hot chick!

I went to Huntsville High School, graduated in 1990...was Huntsville what you were thinking?

Love your last dress with the red accessories!!! You look beautiful my friend!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing as short mama!! Creepy...the EXACT same thing I was gonna say!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Holy cow, could you be any cuter??? I think not! Your hair cut is so cute. I love that green dress and the gladiator sandals. And that plaid dress is adorable with the rockin red shoes.

What a fun trip!

XOXO
jen

Rhonda said...

Yes, moved back 5 years ago. How about you?? I tried to e-mail you, but wasn't showing your address.

Ashley Hasty said...

Aw! Looks like you're having a wonderful time! My husband and I love to visit Memphis, it is a short enough drive to do a weekend and long enough to feel like we're "away." I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

BTW: Your black and white dress with those red earrings and shoes is killer! You look fantastic, I can't believe you've had kids! :)

Mrs. J L said...

great pics! :)

Amy said...

What a fun time you had. I so love your hair. I need to see the back of it. Love it.

Mrs. J L said...

by the way...you have been awarded over at my blog...check it out. :)

Kelli said...

Your trip sounds wonderful and you look like one hot mama in that dress. Love the red shoes!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You look awesome - seriously awesome!

Georgia Girl said...

WOW...awesome trip you shared...love the dress and shoes!
Gosh I am so jealous that BB sang to you...pretty cool place you visited!

SweetTorts said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time!!! I can't wait to see more pics...!

And I'm just going to say it...you were looking super hot in that dress! I'm sure Nolan enjoyed it! :)

Alli said...

I LOVE your dress and red accessories! So cute. You both are adorable! So glad you got to get away with your husband...alone! That is so important and it looks like you had fun! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures.

Shawn said...

You look amazing in EVERY picture. You're one hot Mama, look at those legs!

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

So I should probably gush about how sweet you two are, but I really just want to gush about how great your outfits are! LOVING the red shoes, and the little turquoise dress is great. Good choice on the new belt! You look great!

So glad you all had some grown-up time away!