Friday, May 15, 2009

Memphis: Part 2...

We started Day 2 with an awesome breakfast Downtown at The Blue Plate Diner (in case you were wondering all of our meals were wonderful due to the fact that my hubby researched before we went so that we could eat at all of the best restaurants in Memphis - the ones in our price range anyway!)...


Yum, Yum!!! Pecan/Maple Pancakes w/ peanut butter syrup. Looks good doesn't it!...



Outside The Orpheum Art Center to buy our tickets for our play...


In case you were wondering what play we went to see...



B.B. King's Star...


Welcome to Beale Street...


This store was so weird! It had some seriously random stuff! And it sprinkled on us for about 10 minutes...



Warning: 2 Elvis Sitings!...


(with the sideburns my haircut kind of looks like Elvis's doesn't it!)


I just thought this was too funny not to show (isn't he a good sport!)...



I don't know who this guy is, but don't my shoes look super cute with my dress! Ha!...



Do you drink cream soda? It is the nectar of the Gods! You should give it a try I love it!



Lunch was fried chicken and friend pickles! We found out about this place from The Travel Channel's Man Vs. Food show...


After lunch we went to see a movie. Ghost of girlfriends past. It was pretty cute, but then again it's pretty hard to go wrong with Matthew McConaughey!

All dressed up for dinner and the play...


Our dinner this night was so good. Unfortunately I forgot the name of the restaurant, but it was great!...


After dinner we took a horse-drawn carriage ride around Downtown, and it dropped us off at the door of the Orpheum for our play...




Inside the Orpheum...

I have to say that the play Fiddler on the Roof was really good, but I didn't really get the ending. I kind of felt like it left me hanging.

After the play we headed over to Beale street again for a little while and then to Huey's restaurant for a late-night burger. It was yummy and just what we needed after a very busy and full day! I slept super good when we got back to the hotel!

Day 2 down and it was Great!!!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Creekmore's said...

It's so funny to me to see a "tourist" view of Memphis. My husband grew up in W. Memphis and his parents are still there so we are there very often. But when we're there it's totally different. I mean I've never been to Graceland (isn't that crazy!) and we never go to Beale. We run over to the mall, eat and that's about it. Love your hubbies Razorback shirt! We live in Jonesboro by the way - an hour northwest of Memphis.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Gosh it looks like you had so much fun! (And you looked super-fab through out the weekend!)

Jennifer said...

The tourist view is interesting since I live here. We were engaged on a carriage ride (the driver knew..what a set up). He'd planned to do it on the Peabody roof at sunset but despite them telling him it was open they had it closed it for 'security reasons'. Oh well the cliché carriage proposal works.

Did you eat at Encore? Thats what the place you can't remember looks like.

onegirliegirl said...

Kasey...I think you could do a show in vegas with that Elvis look. You are rockin it!!

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Soooo much fun!

xoxo ~Lisa

Heidi Boos said...

Loving the fun pics of your mini vacation! I look forward to hearing about Day 3. ;)

And, I must say I'm getting a little jealous...I would really love a mini vacation with just me and my hubby right now!

Ashley Hasty said...

I'm taking notes! The girls in my family are taking my Grandma on her first vacation in over 50 years...to Memphis! She wants to see Graceland :)

shortmama said...

looks like another great day!

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a great time! So much fun, I bet! Thanks for sharing.

Rhonda said...

Go HOGS!!! Love how your dressed up and hubby has on a Razorback shirt...too cute! You guys look like you had a fab time! I think that play is at the Walton's Art Center in Fayetteville right now too!

Such cute dresses you have...I could never pull it off..glad you can!

Shawn said...

WHat a great time!

Is there anything better than a romantic get away with the hubby?!!?

Love that black dress, very sexy!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Wow...horse drawn carriage, night on the town with a play and all decked out...sounds like the perfect get away!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

YOu ttoally could be on the Travel Channel with this trip!! Amazing. I have never been to Memphis and now I totally want ot go!!

~Becca

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Something else you and Nolan have in common... you both look great in sideburns! I'm crazy about that black dress (assuming that's not a Forever 21 bargain like the other!!). Looks like a wonderful day!

Amy said...

What a cute dress and shoes. A buggy ride how fun.

Renee said...

Great photos. I love all of your dresses especially the black and white one. Where did you get it?