Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vacation '09 - Day 4:

Day 4 on our vacation was a fun, but super tiring day. We spent the whole day in downtown Denver. Because of the little man's eye he had to wear these sunglasses all day. He thought he was one cool dude!

Colorado's State Capital is downtown so we visited it too while we were here. They offer a Free tour!

Stink bug got a ride from dad most of the day. There were lots of stairs at the capital.

One mile up on the front steps of the capital, and the view was amazing from here...

I want to tell you a little story that took place while visiting the wonderful capital. It goes like this (for all you that think I really have it all together you'll get a kick out of this!):

There were about 4 different levels of the capital building all of which had railings where you could look all the way down to the lowest level. I am deathly afraid of heights!!! I repeat: Deathly afraid of heights!!!

The tour takes you to all 3 top levels and most of the time everyone is standing right up against the railing, but not yours truly! No, no, I was plastered as close to the back wall as I could get! However, my dear, sweet husband who I love dearly is the complete opposite! I mean if they had been offering bungie jumping from the top level he would have been first in line, and my sweet 4 year old would have been right behind him! They also make you walk the stairs to the very top floor, and not just any stairs, but the ones where you can see all the way to the bottom!

I was a nervous wreck! Little man kept poking his head through the rails so he could see to the bottom. The closest I got to the railing was when I had to yank little man down from trying to climb up on the railing because he said he couldn't see to the bottom!

So anyhoo, we go through this tour, I'm a wreck, hubs is getting aggrivated with me because I keep barking at him to hold little man's hand before he trys to leap over! My hands were shaking, my knees were shaking, and I seriously thought someone was going to have to bring me a brown bag to breath in! By the time it was over and we were back on the bottom floor on our way out I was crying and having a full blown anxiety attack! Yes, in the lobby of Colorado's fine Capital Building! I mean Really!?

I just wanted to show you the inside (see all the different levels and the railing?)

Monkeying around at lunch...

Yummy macaroni and fruit...



PooPop: This one's for you:
Little man's poopop (grandpa) gave him $20 and told him to look for the big sign in the sky that would lead him to really cool souvenirs, and he has been asking everyday when we will see this amazing sign that will lead him to wonderful goodies! Here is the sign and he has his bow and arrow he bought, and he has change to spare!

Drove through Golden, CO

We were so tired that around 6 pm we went and got a pizza and headed back to the hotel. We watched a movie, played on the internet and headed to bed!!!


Photobucket

13 comments:

Kelli said...

What a full day. Your trips sounds so wonderful and I'm glad you all are having a great time.

kimert said...

Denver is on my list of places to go, especially now that my big brother lives there!

Looks like a fun day! Sorry about the anxiety attack though. I have to admit I was on the edge of my seat reading that part because I am pretty afraid of heights myself.

Amy said...

I would have loved to go into that shop. I live for that stuff...

Alli said...

I love your honesty about the anxiety attack...my mom was like that. We would ride the gondolas to the tops of mountains and she would just stay back and wait for us. :)

Your hubby is going to have some rockin' calves from taking all of those stairs with your daughter on his back. Great workout!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

The capitol is beautiful! So sorry to hear about your anxiety...that's terrible. But, the photos are great! ;)

J.J. said...

sorry about the anxiety attack :(

Did you go to the Denver Mint?

Ahhh....hotel life....do they have nice soap for you?

Unknown said...

Oh bless your heart about your anxiety attack!!! Poor you!!

I feel like I am on vacation with ya'll. Keep 'um comin'!!

~Becca

Bethany said...

So cool! Your vacation posts make me want to travel out West!

Ali said...

Those 3 stories would've scared the crap out of me too! I feel you on that.

Sounds like another great day!

Barbara said...

All those quilts at the capitol! I could see Kane using one of those to swing to the next level! He would have landed softly! I sympathize with you as I'm not fond of heights either. One day in college I tried to walk down a wide and tall set of stairs, had to stop and grab a rail at the side (scooching all the way over) to make it to the bottom with out rolling up like a doodle bug! Enjoy yourself and keep making (good) memories!!

Anonymous said...

looks like you are having a great time!
Did you hear that our Mission Trip has been cancelled. :(
probably best but still disappointed!

Be safe, TTYL

Lisa Worley

Emily said...

My brother lives in Denver...it's a great city.

Anonymous said...

ok Kasey... I said stay safe!! i didn't say go up on that mountain that has a fire burning on it!! lol

Thank the Lord for the rough road out of there!

So glad that all worked out...
talk to you soon,
Lisa Worley