Monday, January 18, 2010

Recipe Review and Some Core Strength...

This Recipe is so good and Good For YOU!!!

We loved it! I doubled the recipe and put the leftovers in the freezer for another time!

It is great for those cold, winter nights- It will warm you right up!

Enjoy!

Ingredients

* 1 cup dry lentils
* 1 quart vegetable broth
* 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
* 1 large onion, diced
* 1 carrot, sliced
* 1 medium apple - peeled, cored and diced
* 1 large sweet potato - peeled and cubed
* 1/2 cup frozen peas
* 1 large clove garlic
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup barbeque sauce (I used corky's)
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* ground red pepper to taste
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Place the lentils and veg broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.

2. Stir the tomatoes, onion, s. potato, carrot, apple, peas, garlic, olive oil, barbeque sauce, and paprika into the pot. Continue to simmer 20 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper to serve.

I don't eat or cook meat at home, but I'm sure if you just had to have it- some chicken might taste okay in this recipe. But I thought it was wonderful just the way it is!


I know a lot of you are working hard doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Go HERE to my other blog, Diary of a Hungry Mom, to get some great core exercises! Good Stuff!

Bye!!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

It does sound yummy, but the apple throws me off a little. I think I will try it. I need more meat-free recipes to put into our week. Thanks for sharing.

I'm off to your other blog!