Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Baby Boy or Baby Girl?



Well, I went to the Dr. the other day and had my 20 week ultrasound. We found out that we are going to be having a sweet, little baby girl. We are excited! We have been thinking for the longest time that we would name a little girl Ruthie Ann, but now that we know that we are having one, we are unsure what to name her. The ultrasound went good. They said she looks good. The only concern is that I have Placenta Previa, which is when the placenta is too low and it is either covering or partly covering the cervix (which is where the baby comes out). I have to have another ultrasound in a few weeks to see if it has moved up any. They said that chances are that it would move up, but if it doesn't then I will have to have a c-section because Placenta Previa can cause hemorrhaging. So, the next time you are praying, send up a little prayer that God will take care of me and the baby and allow everything to move up to where it is supposed to be.

Kane was not so sure about the news of a little sister. He kept saying, "No, I'm having a baby brother named Charlie." I do however think that we finally have him talked into a little girl. He has been a real mess here lately. I think he gets bored and then starts getting into stuff. I am looking into taking him to preschool 2 days a week. I think it would be good for him to be in an environment where he is with other kids and having to learn in a school type atmosphere. I think he needs something like that to challenge his little mind. We've been taking him to Awana's at church and he is so cute saying his bible verses. He really amazes me with the way that he picks up on things and is able to remember things so well.

Nolan has been really busy here lately. He is helping w/vollyball, and it is keeping him busy with 2 to 3 games a week. I'm sad to say that I don't really enjoy the volleyball games too much. I find them to be somewhat boring. I think if I really knew the girls and Nolan was actually the head coach and doing something other that just sitting there on the bench I would probably enjoy it more. He just had a Birthday this past weekend. He has finally caught up with me and is 27! He's also been lifting weights and running here lately. I'm really proud of him.

As for me I am getting bigger, but it is a good thing. I am finally starting to look like a pregnant women and not just like someone who is putting on weight. I've been feeling pretty good. I think I am already have braxtin hicks contractions sometimes. I asked my dr. about it and she said sometimes with pregnancies that aren't your first you can start having them this soon. I can vaguely feel the baby moving sometimes, but not very often and when I do it is very faint. I should however be able to start feeling her more often here pretty soon. I've been trying to walk 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week. I really think it has helped with my weight gain. I am trying to do better this time around (I don't want to have a bunch leftover after she gets here). I was lifting some light weights, but I have had to stop this due to the Placenta Previa. Really not much has been going on. I am excited to be seeing my friend Jillian tomorrow. She is coming up from Little Rock with her 2 kiddos to see me. I can't wait to see her and catch up. We are going to have to go to McDonald's for old time sake. Well, anyway, leave your comments and let me know how you all are. Love you guys! bye!

4 comments:

Cara Norton said...

Kasey,
I am so glad I can read about what is going on with you guys. I know you are excited about finding an AWANA program for Kane. I love the kids lighting up about learning God's word. That is awesome. Hopefully you will be able to find him a preschool program that will keep him engaged and learning. Having smart children is a blessing, but can be very challenging because they get bored so easy.
Hang in there. I will put you and your baby girl on my prayer list. Do let me know when you decide on a name and colors you like. I will sew her name on some diaper cloths for you and send them to you.
Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Miss you guys,
Cara

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Yay yay yay! Did I mention that I'm excited you are having a girl?

I'll be praying for you about the placenta previa.

I tried to comment on here yesterday, but my message got deleted when I hit 'publish'. Then I could have retyped it but I had to fix my hair before Owen woke up from his nap...you know how it goes! I'm trying to remember what all I said but I'm drawing a blank on most of it. Just know that it was hilarious and witty.

Congrats again on your girl! Now you will have one of each, so the pressure will be off for all your following offspring. Love you guys!

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

hey, kase, you could try

http://www.slide.com/arrange?bc=0&fx=0&tt=53&sk=0&cy=bb&th=0&sc=0

they have some cool slideshow formats

love ya!

Mom Parnell said...

Thanks for the news. You were already on my prayer list. Now I will just add an extra request.

Love and prayers for you all.